#2 - ITEM of the DAY - Red Black Fabric Bib Necklace, sexy, flower and antique gray bead, unique valentines gift, personalized design...
Tutorial for today involves my first attempt at "recreating" someone else's tutorial while inadvertently adding my own twist. You call them mistakes I call them just being creative. At least that's what my mother taught me. The only thing I have sewn previous to this would be my curtains. So bear with me as I attempt fashion....
Original Blog post / Tutorial Click HERE
Reasons I like this tutorial:
1. Easy (if you know basic sewing - first dress = would be a medium level)
2. Cheap - use an old tank-top (free), elastic ($3) and fabric (2 yards - about $5-8)
3. Fits all sizes (no matter if you expand or not)
4. Great to practice your sewing - you will still feel accomplished!
Things I learned:
1. Color of thread matters (it hides your mistakes)
2. TYPE of stitch matters (zig-zag keeps the elastic stretching - other stitches NOT so much)
3. Jersey fabric is the devil. NOT a good starter fabric
4. It's hard to keep a straight line on a circular dress (still working on that one)
5. The elastic and fabric need to go on the inside...
6. This actually was pretty easy/ a great tutorial.