#1 - SHOP of the DAY - NotTuesday
#2 - ITEM of the DAY - vintage 1960's geometric mustard linen dress
Succulent is not a word I use often. In fact it makes me quite uncomfortable to say it and or write it. Why they can't just say squishy plants you can't kill even if you tried. See. Much more appropriate. Not gonna lie stole this idea right out of the Lowe's store "creative" magazine - a.k.a. look at all the wonderful things you can do with stuff you can buy here. And they are right. Easy, not the cheapest, but it doesn't die. At least not yet. 2 weeks down.
1. One glass Bowl - I suggest a large one - 12 to 14 inches (got mine at Garden Ridge)
2. Small Bag of potting soil (Lowes)
3. Small bag of gravel or rocks (Lowes)
4. Different array of "succulent" plants - at least one large and 5 tiny (Lowes)
Total Cost - around $40
* Depending on what types of plants you use. Unfortunately those little succulent plants are not cheap BUT you can do this on a much smaller scale and maybe when they have a sale.
Recommend - Yes - it looks great on my counter. See. And still alive. Double bonus.
Level - EASY - even the black thumb people can rock this.